You've got questions and we've got answers! Here's everything you need to know about Selections Days:
Do I need to attend Selections Day?
Yes!! Anyone who wants to participate in a CISV Waterloo program next summer or winter must join us for Selections Day. Attendance is mandatory in order to be considered for any of the 2018 programs.
How do I prepare for Selections Day?
Before Selections Day, please make sure you’ve completed the following:
- Make sure your CISV Waterloo Membership is up to date. We can't accept your application until you have a membership in good standing with fee of $100 paid.
- Make sure you have completed CISV Waterloo Program Application Form (Village, Interchange, Step-Up, Youth Meeting, Peace Bus, J.C)
- Complete a signed Parental Agreement
- Bring a picture of the delegate
- Bring a photocopy of the delegate's birth certificate
- Bring a photocopy of the delegate's health card
What happens at Selections Day?
Parents: Selections starts Wednesday evening with all forms being submitted and reviewed by the Program Coordinators. We then have a group information session about what you can expect as a travelling family, as well as your roles and responsibilities should your child be selected for a program. Following the information session there will be an additional forum for discussion with Waitlist Applicants regarding the process for waiting and applying to multiple invites.
Youth: Kids will join the JB for an evening and day of fun and classic CISV activities. Candidates that are applying for a step up, youth meeting, peace bus or JC will also assist with planning activities on 2nd day.
Do "waitlist applicants" attend?
Yes! We need to meet the youth who want to apply for all programs. Attending Selection days allows us to ensure we have a delegation (or individuals) ready should additional invitations come. The process for waiting and National procedures will be explained and questions answered during the additional parent information session.
Will there be food?
We will have pizza and juice/water for sale on Saturday Nov 25th. Payment should be provided at drop off. $2/slice of pizza (Pepperoni, Cheese or Hawaiian). $1/juice or water. Alternately children should come with a packed lunch.